Official Contest Rules for the Qt WeTab App Challenge
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Entering the contest
a) To enter the contest, you must complete the online contest form in its entirety. An entry must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. PST on July 01, 2011 to be eligible. Entry is deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Applications or widgets that do not work upon loading are ineligible to win and will automatically be disqualified from the contest. 4tiitoo (Sponsor) assumes no responsibility for computer system, hardware, software, network program, or other errors, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether human or technical in nature. Entry materials will not be returned; however applicant retains all ownership in the program submitted.
b) The online entry process will require:
– Your application or widget successfully built on the 4tiitoo Open Build Service (OBS)
– A name, a short description (no more than 5 words), a description (no more than 100 words) and the proper category (communication, entertainment, games, knowledge, tools) of your approach to this application or widget. All submissions must be made in English.
– A click to accept Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release documenting that I assent to these official rules, certify the originality of my application or widget, and assent to the use of my name and application or widget for publicity purposes. A statement attesting that the submission is original.
Entries may not infringe on any trademarked or copyrighted material. Failure to attest to this on official entry and on subsequent affidavit will void entrant”™s eligibility. Entrants will receive an auto-reply email confirming receipt of their entry. The Sponsor reserves the right to verify the ownership and the originality of any entry submitted before any prize is awarded.
c) No responsibility is assumed for incorrect or inaccurate capture or transmission of entry information, including but not limited to technical malfunctions, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failure of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, or entry materials that have been tampered with. Entry content will not be returned or acknowledged (other than the auto-content reply); however, entrants will retain all rights to their respective programs. All entries that are altered, incomplete, or tampered with in any way will be disqualified. No mechanical reproductions or facsimile entries will be accepted, and use of automated devices to enter is prohibited.
d) Entries must be written with the Qt Open Source Edition licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2.
e) By submitting your application or widget to this site, you represent that you have the full rights to upload your content and that uploading your content to this site will not violate or infringe the rights of any third person, including but not limited to, rights in copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights.
f) Entries must be entrant’s own original creations, must not infringe on third party rights and must be suitable for publication. Winners may be required to sign an affidavit to this effect.
g) You further represent that you will not upload any content that is defamatory, obscene, in violation of any law, or contains any viruses, “worms”, “trojan horses” or any other harmful or destructive properties.
2. Eligibility for entry
a) Contest winners are responsible for payment of any taxes and compliance with any laws associated with winning prizes according to their national, federal, provincial, state, and local legal system. Contest entrants will not be eligible for prizes if contests of this form are not legal according to their national, federal, provincial, state, and local legal system. Sponsor accepts no responsibility for entrants who enter this contest, when it is illegal for them to do so.
b) Employees of Sponsor or any of its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, sales representatives, distributors, advertising or promotional agencies, and the household members of each, are not eligible to enter the contest.
3. Selecting winners
A panel of qualified judges will review entries until July 10, 2011 and determine the best three applications of each of the five categories. Judges’ decisions are final in all matters relating to the contest. Entrants will be judged on the following criteria:
a) Best Use of Qt: The extent to which the application or widget make use of Qt features.
b) Usefulness: The manner in which an application or widget solves a problem.
c) Coding Creativity: How the application or widget demonstrates a creative solution to a problem.
d) User Interface: How consistent and appealing is the UI.
On July 11, 2011 these top three applications of each category will be posted on the WeTab Facebook page (www.facebook.com/WeTab) and connected Facebook friends can vote for the category winners on a public poll until July 18, 2011.
In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined based on the highest score for “Usefulness”. Any further tie will be judged on the highest score for “Coding Creativity”. Any attempts by an entrant to contact a contest judge regarding this contest will automatically void that entrant’s submittal.
Each of the five categories will have a winner, 1st runner up and 2nd runner up. The prizes are as follows:
– 5x Winner: WeTab 3G Tablet and USD 350, merchandise prizes from Nokia, Qt and Intel
– 5x 1st runner-up: USD 350
– 5x 2nd runner-up: USD 200
5. Awarding Prizes and Notifications
a) Winners will be notified via e-mail and via the WeTab Facebook page on or about July 21, 2011.
b) The winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release in order to receive a prize. If an eligible minor wins a prize, it will be awarded in the name of parent or legal guardian, who must complete and sign affidavit on minor”™s behalf. In the event that the declared winner¹s ownership rights and originality of submission cannot be properly verified, or if the Sponsor or its agents are unable to locate the winner, the winner will be disqualified and the entry with the next highest score will become the alternate winner.
c) Prize is not redeemable for cash and cannot be transferred or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of equal or greater value for any reason.
d) For a list of winners (available after July 21, 2011), visit the WeTab Facebook page
6. Sponsor: 4tiitoo AG
a) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this contest should virus, bugs, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security, or proper judging of the contest.
b) Entering this contest constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) for Sponsor, its agents and affiliated companies to use winner”™s name, likeness, biographical information, and contest responses for promotional purposes without additional compensation. By participating entrants agree to these official rules.
c) The official contest rules are available on the WeTab website (www.wetab.mobi).
d) Employees of 4tiitoo or any of its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, sales representatives, distributors, advertising or promotional agencies, and the household members of each, are not eligible to enter the contest.
e) To the extent permitted by law, 4tiitoo has no responsibility, obligation, or liability whatsoever with respect to this promotion and is not liable for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, however it arises, caused by this promotion. All national, federal, provincial/state and local laws and regulations apply. Offer void, where prohibited, taxed or otherwise restricted under federal, state and local laws, rules or regulations. German law governs contest.
f) You grant to 4tiitoo the following rights to the content: the right to electronically publish and distribute text descriptions of your content in all versions of 4tiitoo”™s and WeTab”™s websites and application stores; the right to describe the content in advertising and promotional materials. 4tiitoo reserves the right in its sole discretion under such future agreement to post your software program on its website. 4tiitoo will, when publishing the descriptions of your content, include your name as the copyright owner.
g) Finally, 4tiitoo may delete copies of your content on our computers or computers of our business affiliates at any time and with or without reason.
Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release
I am submitting this Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”) to 4tiitoo AG. (“4tiitoo”), with the understanding that it will be relied upon by 4tiitoo in connection with my having been awarded, subject to eligibility, a prize (“Prize”) in the “Best of Category Contest” (the “Contest”), as such prize is described in the Contest’s Official Rules.
1. I hereby represent and affirm that I have read, have complied with, and will continue to comply with all the rules, regulations, terms and conditions set forth in the Official Rules; that all of the information I have provided and will provide to 4tiitoo has been and will be true, accurate, and complete; that I have not perpetrated and will not perpetrate any fraud or deception in connection with the Contest; and that I have not sought to influence the outcome of the Contest other than by participating in the Contest as expressly permitted in the Official Rules. I further represent that I am neither an employee or agent of any of 4tiitoo nor the immediate family member (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, or son) or member of the same household (whether related or not) of any such employee or agent, and that I have not participated in the Contest on behalf of any such employee or agent. Furthermore, I represent that I am of legal age in my country of residence.
2. I understand that 4tiitoo or their agents may be required to advise the United States Internal Revenue Service or any other local tax authority of the value of the Prize awarded to me in the form of a Form 1099 or similar.
3. I hereby confirm that my entry in the Contest is my own original creations, does not infringe on third party rights, has not won previous awards, has not have been posted on any website prior to submission in the Contest, and is suitable for publication.
4. I, ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, MY HEIRS, EXECUTORS AND ADMINISTRATORS, AND ANY OTHER PERSON(S) WHO MAY TAKE BY OR THROUGH ME, HEREBY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS 4TIITOO AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, AND ADVISORS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES AND LIABILITIES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER WHICH I MAY NOW OR HEREAFTER BE ENTITLED TO ASSERT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DEATH, INJURY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER HARM OR LOSS OF ANY NATURE, ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, PRIVACY RIGHTS, PERSONALITY RIGHTS, “MORAL RIGHTS,” OR DEFAMATION, AND ANY AND ALL ANY TAXES LEVIED, ASSESSED OR COLLECTED, WHETHER CAUSED BY, CONTRIBUTED TO, ARISING OUT OF, OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO THE CONTEST, THE PRIZE, OR MY POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE, USE, OR MISUSE THEREOF, OR MY OTHER ACTS OR OMISSIONS IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.